- Install UserMeta plugin. It can be downloaded from here: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/usermeta/frs/
- Enable UserMeta in Joomla. It’s called System – UserMeta
- Change the settings of UserMeta to the followings:
Extend with Paramters : Yes, Extend with DB Table : No, Show in User Manager : Yes
- Copy the followings into the user.xml located here: plugins/system/usermeta/ (overwite the original one with this content)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<param name="timezone" type="timezones" default="" label="Time Zone" description="Time Zone for this User" />
<param name="characters" type="textarea" default="" label="Characters" description="Your characters in guild, new line each" rows="5" cols="60" />
<param name="calendar_secret" type="password" default="" label="Calendar secret" description="Secret for calendar subscription. This must not be the same as your password. It's stored and sent without any encryption!" />
<param name="vacation" type="textarea" default="" label="Vacation" description="Enter date ranges where you are on vacation. Use the following format: YYYY-MM-DD YYYY-MM-DD for enter begining and end date, every range in a separate row!" />
<param name="editor" type="editors" default="" label="User Editor" description="WYSYWYG Editor for this User" />
<param name="admin_language" type="languages" client="administrator" default="" label="Back-end Language" description="paramAdminLanguage" />
<param name="language" type="languages" client="site" default="" label="Front-end Language" description="paramLanguage" />
<param name="helpsite" type="helpsites" default="" label="Help Site" description="Help Site for this User" />
- If everything is done right, you will see 3 new fields in user profiles (even in Joomla user administration, or your own profile page in frontend):
Characters, Calendar secret and Vacation.
- If users are fills up Characters field on their own profile, RaidPlanner will assign characters to users using this data, so in that case minimal administration is needed.
Q: How to assign characters to users under Joomla 1.6?
A: In case of Joomla 1.6 RaidPlanner installs a User plugin, which adds 3 extra fields to user profiles: Charcters, Calendar Secret and Vacation. The plugin is installed automatically, but it needs to be enabled in Joomla administration interface. After the plugin is enabled you can see the new fields in User Manager, also users can see it on their own profile form.
Characters needs to be entered in a seperate line each.
Q: What is Calendar Secret?
A: Calendar secret is used for calendar subscription. If it is not empty for a user, user can subscribe (otherwise they can download only) the calendar .ics files. This subscriptions can be used in Apple iCal, Thunderbird and lot other calendar software for online event handling.
Q: I can’t install RaidPlanner, Joomla give me “There was an error uploading this file to the server.” error
A: RaidPlanner installation package is ~5Mb big. Some web server configuration not allows uploading files bigger than 2Mb. In that case you can use Install from URL feature of Joomla. Go to Extension manager and paste the following URL into the “Install from URL” field: