Home Forums RaidPlanner Discussions Feature request User created characters

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey there, installed this extension and really like it. I want to use this extension for SWTOR and am running a Joomla 1.7 cms for a guild with a lot of users (around 300 and growing). Ideally I would like to setup the modules for the site and then let the users create their own characters to signup for raids if they wish.

I can tweak the names of classes, races and even the icons so this is a very versatile extension; but for users to sign up for raids I have to manually go into the joomla administration backend and create their characters and assign them to the user.

The option to allow users to do this themselves from the frontend (either from a separate module or the profile page) would make this a really versatile piece of software and would negate the need to talk to any armory API’s for other games.

Is this an easy task, or something you have in the pipeline?

Taracque

That’s already included in the component. To make it work, set the followings:
    In Plugin Manager select Raid Planner plugin, and click on it. Set Character editor to Enabled, and after that users will be able to edit their own characters via their profile.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m very stupid, the css conflicts with my theme hid the areas on the popup window, found them now.

You have written a great extension

Kaptain

Hi,

I got the same issu. How can I change popup param as size, background, …

Thx a lot

Taracque

You can’t change the popup size, but you shouldn’t do it. This issue usually happens with badly designed templates, where the body tag has width defined in the css, and the rule which removes this width setting from the popups is missing
    The background color is controlled by the
    body.contentpane css rule. The following css code makes it background colored, and makes it to the right width: (put it into the end of your template’s css file)

body.contentpane { background-color: black !important; width: 100% !important; margin:0; padding:0; }

Kaptain

It doesn’t work, so either it’s not good css file either it does not work.

But I can see the code line with firebug …

I’m using a rockettheme template based on gantry framework.

Taracque

Send me a screenshot how it looks, either here (send a link) or send me an email to taracque (at) taracque (dot) hu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.