Raidplanner and latest JQuery

On , in , by vKorpiklaani

Home Forums RaidPlanner Discussions General discussion Raidplanner and latest JQuery

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    vKorpiklaani

I had the mod working fine on my joomla, but i have recently updated jquery to newest one and it is included on every page now and it broke the table roster display and sort …

Is there a conflict between jquery and your script now? Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Works fine on my site:
    Joomla 2.5.3 Raidplanner 0.5.7

Taracque

I tried to make it jQuery compatible, but there can be conflict. If you have any javascript error messages, please post it here!

vKorpiklaani

The table sort script you have in the module is using MooTools which conflicts with JQuery on my site … I found a plugin to JQuery to do similar sorting and I put it in the module instead of your HTML.Extended script calls and it works good 🙂

Taracque

Yep, off you can fix it like this, however every time you need to adjust the script manually. So if you have any javascript error messages or any more details about this issue please share it, to let me fix the problem.

vKorpiklaani

I just tested it back in the original script and used Firebug to track error … error is:

this.thead is null
    var numOfHeaders = this.thead.rows[0].getElements(‘th’).length in HtmlTable.Extended.js line 63

hope this helps

the solution i found to use DataTables plugin for JQuery which pretty much does same thing as your script for table sort right now:

http://datatables.net/

here is what i changed your code to:

function sortTable()

{

$(‘#roster_table’).dataTable( {

“aaSorting”: [[ 1, “desc” ]] , “bJQueryUI”: true, “bPaginate”: false

} );

}

$(document).ready(sortTable);

Of course you need the main jquery lib included before this ( i have it in the header of joomla template)

Cheers 🙂

vKorpiklaani

You can see the results at http://dasubel.org/v2/roster/tera 🙂

vKorpiklaani

I was able to resolve conflicts between jQuery and MooTools so far, so I switched back to original script you had, but added few lines so it will sort by specific column 🙂

Taracque

Please consider to share any improvements.
    OpenSource means you get it for free, but you other gets your improvements for free.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.