RaidPlanner – old page
NEW COMMENTS ON THIS PAGE WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT READING!
If you can’t read, I won’t read your comment!
This page is an old version, and kept only for historical reasons. Go to here instead!
RaidPlanner (RP in short) is a Joomla Component.
If you are using Joomla 1.7 you can try this version. It’s currently in development, so there can be bugs, and nonworking features!
This component helps to organize raids and has the following main features:
- Level and Rank based signup
- Different access groups can be defined
- Roles can be selected during signup
- Can be signup as Attending, Not attending or Late
- Officers/adminitrators can confirm signups, with the following statuses: Confirmed, Sitting, Waiting List
- Automatic Character synchronization with PB-Roster component- Users can setup their own characters on their own profile. (For Joomla 1.5 UserMeta plugin required for this, for J!1.6 RaidPlanner has it’s own plugin for that)
- Downloadable, or subscribable personal calendar (ics format, iCal, Thunderbird etc. compatible)
- EQDPK XML format history can be stored to past events
Download the package from here: https://github.com/Taracque/RaidPlanner/archives/master
Install it with Joomla installer. During the installation a module will be installed also (RaidPlanner Today), this can be enabled in the Module Manager page of the Joomla Admin interface.
The installer and the component now works under Joomla 1.6, however it is mainly untested
Once you have finished the group configuration, the Characters should be loaded into the system somehow, there are 2 ways do doing this. Either you can enter characters manually – in that case all characters should be entered manually
– or, it can be made automatically with PB-Roster component. RP automatically detect PB-Roster and uses it if presents. Besides PB-Roster another thing can make the life easier. Users can store their own characters in profile.- Joomla 1.6: RaidPlanner automatically installs a plugin which handles extra user fields, but this plugin needs to be enabled and configured manually in Extension Manager.
- Joomla 1.5: for this functionality UserMeta plugin is required. Add this 2 params to the users, add the following lines to the user.xml file (located in plugins/system/usermeta directory)
<param name="characters" type="textarea" default="" label="Characters" description="Characters, separated by newline!" rows="5" cols="60" />
<param name="calendar_secret" type="text" default="" label="Secret for calendar subscription" description="Secret for calendar subscription" size="20" />
Under Joomla 1.6 PBRoster integration should be turned off manually, otherwise an ugly warning displayed on frontend if PBRoster is not installed.
To be added…
Read the FAQ instead.
Please use the Discussion board to discuss RaidPlanner related things!