Home Forums RaidPlanner Discussions Bug reports User plugin – Kunena compatibility

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have enabled the user plugin but my existing users are unable to edit their character/secret details because we use Kunena for user profiles. When editing a user profile from Kunena there are no fields for raidplanner.

Taracque

Which version of Joomla and Kunena are you using?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Joomla 1.7.2 and Kunena 1.7.0.

Taracque

Ok, the problem is, that Kunena doesn’t support 3rd party mods for user profiles. As I know the only way to add fields to Kunena profile is the following:

In the file:

components/com_kunena/funcs/profile.php

you have to find the line (line 205)

$form = JForm::getInstance('com_users.profile', 'frontend');

and replace it with the followings:

JPluginHelper::importPlugin('user');
    $form = JForm::getInstance('com_users.profile','frontend');
    $dispatcher     = JDispatcher::getInstance();
    $dispatcher->trigger('onContentPrepareForm', array($form, $data));

With this modification Kunena will load Joomla user profile plugins.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunately the change has made no difference. I am looking at the “User Account” tab in the profile section of Kunena which allows me to change username/name/email/password but there are still no raidplanner options (is this the correct place for me to look for the fields?)

Taracque

Oh, I forgot something, you have to make changes in

plugins/user/raidplanner/profiles/profile.xml

file.

In line 3 and 4 there should be the following:

<fields name="params">
                    <fieldset name="params" label="PLG_USER_RAIDPLANNER_SLIDER_LABEL>

I.e.: change name=”raidplanner” to name=”params” in both lines.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by Taracque.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I can see the fields now thanks.

I have tried adding/changing names in the “characters” section but I am unable to see the change in the admin backend or in the event signups. Do I need to do something else?

(The calendar secret appears to update ok)

Taracque

(I really have to write docs… 🙂 )
    To make signup works, you need characters in RaidPlanner database. The characters field is only make the connection between characters and joomla users.
    So first you need the characters to be in the system. In case of official WoW servers this can be done via armory sync, in case of other games, or private WoW server it has to be done manually.
    Once you have the characters filled in the database, users can setup which characters are theirs.
    So do you have the characters filled in RaidPlanner database?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah I understand now. I thought this was to allow users to create a character themselves. I am not using raidplanner for WoW so I will do this manually for now.

Thanks again.

Taracque

If this feature needed, I can add it very easily, however only character names can be added this way.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It would be a nice feature, but I would need users to be able to set their class/race/gender/level themselves too (like in WoW Raid Manager).

If that is not possible then don’t worry 🙂

P.S. I’m going to write a review on the Joomla extensions website now, your support is great.

Taracque

As more of you are not playing wow, and keeping character list updated is a pain in the ass, I’ll make a self register part early next week.

Taracque

I’ve implemented the self administration of characters, here is how it works (J1.6, J1.7 only, maybe I’ll add J1.5 support later)

The user plugin now has 2 more options added, the “Character Editor” feature is the one what you have to enable for self administration. Any user who is in a raidplanner group with edit_characters permission can add, edit and modify their own chars via the profile page.

This feature is EXPERIMENTAL, mostly untested, and works correctly only on frontend, don’t edit other users characters in backend using the User Manager.

The other new option of the plugin “RaidPlanner section” needs to be disabled for Kunena integration.

I’ve asked the Kunena guys, to incorporate my patch to Kunena, maybe from next version of K., it will work without hacking.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.