Home Forums RaidPlanner Discussions Bug reports Minor bug : copies of username in the list

• This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

i’ve got a minor bug :

When i go to my admin pannel > RaidPlanner > Characters > Add
    I have to select a username on a list, but the problem is that there are multiple copies of the same username.

See the screenshot above :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/sansre2h.jpg/

So i dunno if that can cause bugs, i always select the first of the “clones”

I tried to use the “Database check” feature but nothing happend, only this is appearing :

Removing unanchored signups : 4 found

and when i reclic “Database check”, that message still appears

thanks

PS : in that list, its displaying the Name field of joomla users, not the username.
    It would be better (for me :p ) to display username 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Edit :

PS : in that list, its displaying the Name field of joomla users, not the username.
    It would be better (for me :p ) to display username BECAUSE if users have same Name its hard to know who do we have to select on the list. Users can’t have the same username so i think that would be better if that list show a list of usernames and not list of names

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree to you edit post.

I think the problem with the copies is, that Users who are in more than one group appear multiple times.
    It seems that the problem is the sql string here

Taracque

Posts can be edited for 12hours.
    The user list on admin interface is displayed by Joomla itself, with JHTML::_(‘list.users’
    Please check if you see the duplication in other Joomla components (like article editor etc.)

Anonymous
    Inactive

negative…
    There he is only once.
    But every user which is displayed multiple times is in the same amount of user groups, so it definitely has to do something with that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey, i found an issue regarding this topic which explains the multiple usernames:
    http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=26564

on
    http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general/browse_thread/thread/ca3ffee1bf076bd0
    the solution was mentioned to add a DISTINCT in the sql command in
    /libraries/joomla/html/html/list.php

But, well changing joomla core files is never good 😉

The other thing is, that it would be much better if the entrys in the drop down box would be the ‘username’, not the ‘name’.
    The ‘username’ field is unique, the ‘name’ field isn’t

Taracque

Try the latest version from github, I’ve removed list.users call, and replaced it with a normal drop down item.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, great, thanks a lot.

Anonymous
    Inactive

is it possible to do it the same way in the groups tab where you add the users?

Taracque

Done.

Anonymous
    Inactive

just saw it… 🙂 you’re really fast… thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.